Luckily, we are highly skilled in treating a variety of conditions and issues. Whether you have slight discomfort or severe pain, we can provide you with care that allows you to live the lifestyle you want!
These are just some of the conditions, treatments, and services you will find at our podiatric office. Just ask us if you have any questions!
- 3D image scanner for custom Orthotics
- Arch supports
- Custom Orthotics
- Diabetic Shoe Program
- Digital XRays
- Doppler Exams
- Dress and sports orthotics
- Durable medical equipment available for purchase
- MLS Laser Therapy (Cold Laser Therapy)
- Onsite Digital Radiology Services
- Sports Medicine
- Surgical Corrections of Foot Disorders
- Wound Care
Custom foot orthotics are designed to align the foot and ankle into the most anatomically efficient position. They look similar to insoles, but are biomedical appliances that are custom made to correct your specific foot imbalance. The plastic body of the custom orthotic helps to re-align the foot while you walk. We understand that everyone is different, which is why custom foot orthotics are made just for you.
Surgical Corrections of Foot Disorders
In most cases, invasive methods are not necessary to correct many foot disorders. Though in more extreme conditions, surgery may be required. The need for surgery will depend on the severity of the condition, the amount of pain the patient is experiencing, and the patient’s past response to various treatments.
We know how much your foot health can impact your athletic performance, and it is our priority to help get you off of the sidelines and back in the game. Whether you are dealing with a recurring injury or an accident from the big game, we are here to support you through each step of your therapy. Below is a list of some of the most common sports and sports-related injuries we see in our office:
- Martial Arts and Kickboxing: Plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, sesamoiditis, and ankle sprains. Proper stretching is vital to injury prevention, specifically, a minimum of 15 minutes before beginning exercise.
- Aerobics: With 26 bones in the foot and impact forces reaching up to six times the force of gravity, proper shoes are essential when participating in aerobics. Shoes must provide shock absorption and proper cushioning, as well as stability.
- Team Sports: Baseball, basketball, soccer, football, field hockey, and lacrosse often lead to foot and ankle injuries. Artificial surfaces, improper footwear, and inadequate stretching are recipes for disaster.
Ulcers on the foot may not always come with pain, but they are serious conditions that should be evaluated by a medical professional. The symptoms of ulcers may include drainage, or red, inflamed tissue. To properly diagnose and develop a treatment plan x-rays may be ordered.
At Associated Foot & Ankle Specialists, we value your time and are proud to offer our patients in-house, state-of-the-art digital radiographs. We understand that proper treatment begins with an accurate diagnosis, and our digital x-ray service enables us to diagnose and confirm any bone or soft tissue injuries and conditions that can be hard to determine through a physical exam. Unlike traditional x-rays that use film, digital x-rays are safer exposing patients to less radiation and faster allowing doctors to view results within minutes. With this state-of-the-art technology, we can save you time and begin customizing treatment and therapies for your needs.